Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Saf Restaurant & Bar London


Saf Restaurant & Bar London
Saf -ilicious. Manhatten New York vegan raw cool comes to London.

At last! After nearly 30 years of waiting the restaurant of my vegetarian / vegan dreams has finally arrived in London. Saf means pure in Turkish and it truly is pure - pure magic. A personification of epicurean delight. A magical mystery tour into textures, flavours, visual artistry and culinary enlightenment.

My 4 course dinner at Saf was divine. I'm humbled, time for me to retire from messing about about in the kitchen and leave it to the new young blood, a chap called Chad.

Flavours, presentation, ambiance, service, and energy of the whole experience was exquisitely luscious and sumptuous.

Admittedly they had only just opened and were full of that initial earnest passion to please and not too busy to treat everyone like a celebrity but there was nothing I could fault them on - they'd thought of everything. I don't think it will be long before it's full of ingonito hollywood socialites, celebrity anglophiles and the cream of British arthouse bohemia. Saf's Joe McCanta, sommelier/mixologist/jazz pianist (ex counter New York) and Chad , gourmet chef, already have a fanbase in New York and next time Moby comes to London I can't think why he'd eat anywhere else other than saf.

Review - Saf Restaurant

See www.safrestaurant.co.uk

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to the pre-opening party, it was brilliant!

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2008/report-from-the-new-vegan-restaurant-in-london

I am so excited that there's such a classy vegan restaurant in London. Yum!

Joan Taber said...

Saf is still brilliant. I had three meals at the Kensington Saf and wanted to move to London just to have the opportunity of eating there every day. Outstanding service and absolutely the best food I've ever eaten. Why, oh why is there no Saf near me? Alas.